The Chartoasis Sesame user interface can be divided into the following areas:
general control buttons (top of the application)
- single investment view (price of shares and annual returns chart, monthly statistics)
- investment comparison view (relative price change, risk-return chart)
status bar (on the bottom of the application)
Most control buttons and charts of the application include an integrated explanation. This is only displayed, when
the cursor is left on the given item in question, or
- by clicking the ??? (question mark) button (which launches Help mode), then by clicking on the item in question. (To quit Help mode click the ??? (question mark) button again, or click in the application with the right button of the mouse.)
Switching between views
To switch between single and comparative views, use the tabs.
Tabs of single investments
can be added using the blue ?+? mark on the right side (up to 5 tabs)
- to close tabs click the red ?x? button in the right corner of the given tab
the name of the investment on a given tab can be changed by right-clicking the text on the tab
The horizontal axis of certain charts (price of shares, annual returns chart and relative price change) is a time scale. The displayed time range can be changed using the following tool:
- the right and left ?border? of the displayed time range can be set by dragging the slider in the appropriate direction
the displayed time window can be moved by dragging the colored bar.
Changing color schema
The color scheme of charts can be set using the drop-down menu on the right side of the application window.
The status bar
The application also sends reports of major events to the status bar.
You can find more information about general control buttons in the following links:
Details of charts and tables
For specific settings of charts and tables, please refer to the following links: