- For trial purposes you can use the example data integrated in the Chartoasis Sesame Application.
- Chartoasis Sesame can be used primarily with data downloaded from the Internet. Data is accessible free of charge through Yahoo! Finance (.csv file format). For help in downloading data, please refer to this help page.
- Data can also be loaded from a past analysis job (please refer to “Saving-loading your work” title.
For the purposes of trial of the Chartoasis Sesame application, two data sets have been integrated. To load these, click on the “Load example data” button.
Chartoasis Sesame supports two data types:
- Price data are essential for use of the application. Price data set adjusted according to dividends and split is shown and used for calculations if such data is available (eg.: in Yahoo! Finance).
- Dividend payout information is simply displayed by the application on the price chart. Downloading of these is not necessary. (For all shares, the respective dividend file needs to be loaded.)
Both file types can be loaded using the same button (see below). First price of shares and after that, dividend data should be loaded.