In case of any problems you may contact us at email@example.com .
If the latest version of Java has been installed on the computer, failure to launch the Chartoasis Sesame application may be due to the following reasons:
Browser restart is required after Java install
In some cases Java is unable to cooperate with browsers immediately after installation. Restart the browser after installation.
Enabling Java for Firefox
Java support may be disabled in Firefox. To enable it:
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP), and then click Add-ons. The Add-ons Manager tab will open.
- In the Add-ons Manager tab, select the Plugins panel.
- Click on the Java (TM) Platform plugin to select it.
- Click on the Enable button (if the button says Disable, Java is already enabled).
Enabling Java for Internet Explorer
(Use of the Chartoasis Sesame application is somewhat troublesome with Internet Explorer. If possible, use Firefox or Google Chrome browsers instead)
Java support may be disabled in Internet Explorer. To enable it:
Displaying the Menu bar
To access the “Tools” menu (required for settings), the Menu bar needs to be displayed. If the Menu bar is hidden:
- In IE7-IE8-IE9 the Menu bar can be displayed temporarily by pressing the Alt button on the keyboard.
- To permanently display the Menu bar:
- In IE7 click the “Tools” button (not the “Tools” menu!), and select “Menu bar” from the drop-down menu.
- In IE8 click the “Tools” button (not the “Tools” menu!), and select “Menu bar” under Toolbars.
Settings Required for Running the Sesame Application
- In the “Tools” menu select “Internet Options“.
- Click on the “Security” tab.
- Click on the “Custom level” button.
- In the displayed window make the following settings:
- Set the “Run ActiveX controls and plugins”: radio-button to “Enabled“
- Set the “Download signed ActiveX controls“:radio-button to “Enabled” or “Prompt“
- Set the “Java permissions“: radio-button to “High safety” (or lower) level of security
- Set the “Scripting of Java applets”: radio-button to “Enabled“
Further Settings for IE9 Users
In addition to the above, Internet Explorer 9 may further require the following settings:
- Disabling ActiveX filtering. Follow the instructions given on the following website: http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-disable-or-enable-turn-off-or-on-activex-filtering-in-ie9/
- On “Tools” / “Internet Options” / “Security tab” lower the level of Internet Security .